City Mayor thru the issuance of Executive Order No. 17 dated January 17, 2014 created the Muntinlupa GAD Focal Point System to support and coordinate all Gender and Development (GAD) related Programs, Projects and Activities (PPA’s) and concerns in Muntinlupa City.
The City Council of Muntinlupa passed a City Ordinance No. 15-114 An Ordinance Enacting the Gender and Development (GAD) Code of the City of Muntinlupa which was enacted March 16, 2015 to institutionalize the creation of Muntinlupa GAD Focal Point System.
Under Section 76. The Muntinlupa City Gender and Development Focal Point System (MCGFPS); Establishment; Functions – (a) Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9710 and its implementing rules and regulations, the MCGFPS is hereby established to ensure the sustain the city’s critical consciousness and support on women and gender issues. It shall take a lead role in direction setting, advocacy, planning, monitoring and evaluation, and technical advisory on mainstreaming GAD perspectives in the city’s programs, projects, activities and processes.FUNCTIONS
- Lead the assessment of the gender-responsiveness of policies, strategies, programs, activities, and projects of the city based on the priority needs and concerns of its constituency, and the formulation of
- Lead in setting up appropriate systems and mechanisms to ensure the generation, processing, review, and updating of sex-dis-aggregated data or GAD database to serve as basis in performance-based and gender responsive planning and budgeting;
- Coordinate efforts of different divisions/offices/units of the city government and advocate for the integration of GAD perspectives in all its systems and processes;
- Spearhead the preparation of the city government’s annual GAD Plan and Budget in response to the women and gender issues of its;
- Lead in monitoring the effective implementation of the GBP, GAD Code and such other GAD-related policies, plans, programs, and activities;
- Lead the preparation of the annual city GAD Accomplishment Report (GAD AR) and such other related reports;
- Promote the participation of women and gender advocates, other civil society groups and private organizations in the various stages of development planning cycle, giving attention to the marginalized sectors;
- Ensure that all personnel of the city government including the planning and finance officers are capacitated on GAD. Along this line, the MCGFPS will recommend plan an appropriate capacity development program on GAD for its employees as part of, and implemented under, its regular human resource development program; and
- Promote actively pursue the participation of women and gender advocates, other civil society groups and private organizations in the various stages of development planning cycle, giving attention to the marginalized sectors.
- recommendations and ensure their implementation;
- Assist the formulation of new policies, such as the GAD Code, in advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality;
A developed and empowered society that fully recognizes, respects, and promotes gender and equality to all its citizens.
- To develop relevant, effective, equitable and sustainable programs that enables to be productive members of society.
- To promote equality and equity to all citizens and ensure empowerment of women and the vulnerable through the City's Gender and Development programs and projects.
Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9710 and its implementing rules and regulations, the MCGFPS is hereby established to ensure and sustain the City’s critical consciousness and support on women and gender issues. It shall take a lead role in direction-setting, advocacy, planning, monitoring and evaluation, and technical advisory on mainstreaming GAD perspectives in the City’s programs, projects, activities, and processes. click to see more...
*click to view files*