Acting Head: Marilou O. Lobo
Plaza Central, Poblacion, Muntinlupa City
The Muntinlupa City Public Library was formally inaugurated year 1998 when EDUCATION was the topmost priority of the City Government. It aimed to serve those who seek informational needs and promote an interest in library use as a great step towards development.
Despite the existence of libraries in our public schools, the establishment of the city library was deemed necessary for everybody's access in support to the literacy programs for the City's residents. Accessibility considered, it was established in Barangay Poblacion, occupying enough space at the second floor of Plaza Central Building, which is just above community-based agencies, and just a few steps away from the church. The City Government of Muntinlupa, with its public officials, approved fund allocation for the library's improvement in terms of facilities, books and equipment
Today, from a traditional library, Muntinlupa City Public Library is now using an open book shelf system with the aid of library digital catalogue. It was also renovated with a more user friendly environment from its Children Section, Young Adult/ Teens Section, Periodicals and Magazines Section, Computer Section to Reference Section.
The Muntinlupa City Public Library aspire to be the center of information for all, with a friendly environment that will nurture an educated, enlightened, and enriched diverse community.
The Muntinlupa City Public Library is committed to provide quality resources, programs, and services and lifelong learning opportunities for its diverse and changing community through:
- free and open access to information
- quality collection of books
- recreational resources
- partnership in the development and implementation of technology
- To provide up-to-date information to our learners and researchers by acquiring quality books and IT equipment and software.
- To develop the working ability of library staff through capability building.
- To redesign library spaces and services that will encourage our library patrons of using the library as their venue for reading and learning.
- To adopt and innovate for future needs our academe and the community.
- To strengthen the ties and linkages to outside sources.
*click to view files*
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE
ORGANIZATIONAL CHART (MAIN)
ORGANIZATION CHART (BAYANAN)
FUNCTIONAL CHART (MAIN)
FUNCTIONAL CHART (BAYANAN)