Acting Head : Ms. MARILOU O. LOBO
5th Floor, Annex Building, Muntinlupa City Hall
Tel. No.: 8 861-6498 / 8 861-3042
By virtue of the Republic Act 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, this office has been devolved from the national control down to the local government units.
DA-Extension Services Office is part of the Economic Cluster offices extending services that would lead towards economic development, responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects in the doorsteps of the community. It involves Establishment and maintenance of Model Urban Vegetable Garden to showcase the production of various approach in food production. Extension services such as Technical Assistance, seed and seedlings distribution, AgriTalk and Livelihood on-line which is being broadcast thru the internet for home, school, subdivisions and barangays, including families of malnourish children with vegetable garden project. It is also mandated to implement livelihood program which is generated as post-harvest activity that add value to the agricultural product.
In addition, this office works hand in hand with the other local government offices, NGO’S, religious sector, and even private organizations in Muntinlupa City by way of different transfer of technology activities.VISION
A City of innovative Agriculture and livelihood programs with improved food security anchored with sustainable and self-sufficient micro, small and medium businesses and entrepreneurs.MISSION
- To expand the ventures of existing entrepreneurs and businesses by providing zero interest financial assistance;
- To inspire skilled individual to start a business
- To develop skills and knowledge of clientele by extending urban agricultural, entrepreneurial and management training
- To empower communities in establishing urban agricultural productivity and profitability using appropriate technology
- To continuously strive and create ways in improving the sustainability of urban agriculture programs in the city.
- Commitment – Working together to achieve service excellence
- Transparency – Working together in providing our clients complete and accurate information
- Teamwork – Working together to achieve one goal
- Integrity and accountability – Working together with strong moral principles and responsible for one’s actions.
- Best Customer Service – Working together serving our customers efficiently and effectively.
LIST OF SERVICES
- Agribusiness and Food Security Program
- Seeds and seedlings distribution
- Establishment of seedling nursery
- Model Farm Establishment and maintenance
- Home, school, subdivision and barangay vegetable project
- Sustainable Livelihood Program
- Micro-enterprise development
- Post-Harvest Food Processing Project
- Fish post-harvest processing
- Product Development and improvement
- Extension Delivery System
- On-line urban agriculture training
- On-line livelihood Broadcast
- On-line Nutrition program
- Technical assistance
- Urban Agriculture
- Livelihood and post-harvest
- Multi-media page management
PROCESS OF SERVICES (click here to view file)