Acting Head : Ms. MELANIA M. CASANOVA
Ground Floor, Main Building, Muntinlupa City Hall
Tel. No.: 861-5803 / 862-3822 / 862-6463
Facebook Page: City Accounting Office
A leading support department of the City Government of Muntinlupa towards transparency and accountability in local governance through quality management and excellence in the performance of public service.
To ensure accurate recording of accounting transactions and timely submission of Financial Statements and/or required reports for management use in decision-making and for compliance to all statutory requirements.
Process/Compute all valid claims, complete with the required supporting documents within specified cycle times and prepare/finalize and submit the required Financial Statements and/or related reports on or before the due dates.
Based on RA 7160 (Sec. 474) / RA 7926 (Sec. 30)
- Prepare and submit financial statements in the Office of the Honorable Local Chief Executive, and to the Commission on Audit (CGM and Barangay);
- Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
- Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of requirements;
- Prepare statement of cash advances, liquidation, salaries and allowances, reimbursement and remittances pertaining to the local government unit;
- Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
- Account for all issued requests for obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto;
- Prepare journals and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe provided by law or ordinance.