Acting Head : DR. CARYL G. DE GUZMAN
2nd Level (3rd Floor) Starmall Alabang
Contact. No.: 0976-048-5305
E-mail Add.: [email protected]
Facebook Page: Muntinlupa City Persons with Disability Affairs Office
The Persons with Disability Affairs Office is one of the mandated offices our laws are implementing in the entire archipelago. The observance and protection of Disability Rights is of utmost importance as seen from various policies and guidelines from both National and Local Governments.
It is a declared policy of Republic Act 7277 that persons with disabilities (PWDs) are part of the Philippine Society, and thus the State shall give full support to the improvement of their total well-being and their integration into the mainstream of society. They have the same rights as other people to take their proper place in society. Further, Republic Act 10070 was approved on April 6, 2010 to ensure that policies, programs and services for persons with disabilities are implemented at the local level for them to fully participate in building an inclusive society for all through the establishment of Persons with Disability Affairs Office (PDAO) or the appointment of focal person/s in case of the fourth, fifth and sixth class municipalities, in lieu of the creation of PDAO. Furthermore, as far as National Policies are concerned, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) issued Memorandum Circular 2017-119 dated September 13, 2017, providing the guidelines for the establishment of PDAO.
Muntinlupa has also its own policies derived from National Laws. Ordinance No. 18-167 has cemented the establishment of PDAO creation and implementation in Muntinlupa City.
PDAO is built to design and implement work programs in accordance to national and local laws and the UN Convention on the Rights of PWDs (UNCRPD). It shall also advocate for equal opportunity and accessibility of PWDs on programs for education, employment, health, access to government and non-government facilities, socio-cultural and sports development. PDAO is also the safe keep of Disability Data in Muntinlupa. This office is also at the forefront of community organizing, PWD Organizations and Federation. One of the core daily functions of PDAO is to identify and issue PWD ID Cards to people who are qualified for it.
Disability Accessibility is also part of PDAO’s advocacy and serves as the consultative and advisory body in the issuance of building and occupancy permits relative to the effective implementation of Batas Pambansa 344 also known as the Accessibility Law. The Persons with Disability Affairs Office is the watch dog of the people in monitoring for incidents that violates RA 7277, BP 344, RA 10070, RA 10754 and other PWD related laws.
We envision an inclusive, empowered, self-reliant, productive and disaster resilient community for Persons with Disability
To ensure prompt implementation and timely development of programs for the welfare of persons with disability thru active community empowerment and purposeful partnerships from possibly all levels of the government and non-government entities.
ABOUT THE LOGO
- Heart – It signifies the love, care and deep understanding of our city to PWDs.
- Smiling Person in the Wheel Chair – This symbolizes the Persons with Disability
- People Holding Hands with Half Cog – This represents the network of people and government agencies geared for the social protection, disaster resiliency, livelihood and employment, and ultimately inclusion of PWDs into our society
- Uplifting Hands – The universal sign of social welfare and responsibility of the government to its people
- Disability Cogs – these represent the different disabilities of our population but is complemented by our government (People Holding Hands with Half Cog) for the PWDs to achieve their highest potentials and productivity
- Half Circle of House Shadows – This signifies the communities and grassroots approach of the PWD Affairs Office to convert the unique assessed needs to lasting solutions, innovations and legacies.
- Issuance of the following:
- PWD ID Card
- Certificate of Disability
- PWD Booklets
- Access Audit to Public Private Infrastructures
- Technical Assistance on Disability Inclusion
- Spearhead in Community Organizing for Persons with Disability
- Assistance to Councils and Committees