Program Director : Mrs. CATHERINE MARY R. BIAZON
2nd Floor, Main Building, City Government of Muntinlupa
Tel. No.: 862-6453
Facebook Page: Muntinlupa Gender And Development Office
A developed and empowered society that fully recognizes, respects, and promotes gender and equality to all its citizens.
- To develop relevant, effective, equitable and sustainable programs that enables to be productive members of society.
- To promote equality and equity to all citizens and ensure empowerment of women and the vulnerable through the City's Gender and Development programs and projects.
- Provide policy advice to the City Mayor to support and strengthen the MCGFPS and the City’s gender mainstreaming effort.
- Direct Identification of GAD strategies, PPAs, and targets based on the results of gender analysis and gender assessment, taking into account the identified priorities of the city and the gender issues and concerns faced by the city’s constituents and employees.
- Ensure the timely submission of the city GPB, GADAR and other GAD related reports to the DILG which shall be consolidated for submission to PCW and appropriate oversight agencies.
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the GAD PPAs and the judicious utilization of the GAD budget.
- Build and strengthen the partnership of the city government with concerned stakeholders such as women’s groups or CSOs, national government agencies, GAD experts and advocates, among others in pursuit of gender mainstreaming; and
- Recommend awards and/or incentives to recognize outstanding GAD PPAs or individuals who have made exemplary contributions to GAD.
- Facilitate the gender mainstreaming efforts of the city through the GAD planning and budgeting process.
- Formulate the Muntinlupa City GPB in response to the gender gaps and issues faced by their constituents including their women and employees.
- Assist in the capacity and competency development of and provide technical assistance to the offices or units of the city government. In this regard, the TWG shall work with the City Planning Office on the development and implementation of a capacity development program on GAD for its employees, as necessary.
- Coordinate with the various units/offices of the city and ensure their meaningful participation in strategic and annual planning exercises on GAD including the preparation, consolidation and submission of GPBs.
- Lead the conduct of advocacy activities and the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials to ensure critical support of local elected officials, department heads and staff, and relevant stakeholders to the MCGFPS and to gender mainstreaming.
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to the City Mayor or MCGFPS Execom regarding MCGFP’s activities and the progress of the city government in gender mainstreaming based on the feedback and reports of concerned city government offices/units, stakeholders and constituents.
- Establish a Monitoring and Evaluating System for the proper implementation of RA No. 9710;
- Monitor the implementation of the annual GAD Plan and utilization of the GAD Budget, and assess the status of the city’s institutional mechanisms on gender mainstreaming annually;
- Evaluate the outcomes of the city’s GAD policies, programs and projects and submit a GAD Evaluation Report to the DILG Regional Office at the end of the Local Chief Executive’s three year term. The submission shall be done not later than June of the next term; and
- Perform such other functions in, or related to, the implementation of the Executive Order