Officer-In-Charge: EnP. NOEL A. CADORNA, REB, MAURP, MPSDC
2nd Floor, Annex Building, Muntinlupa City Hall, National Rd., Putatan, Muntinlupa City
Tel. No.: 862-8065
We envision the City Planning and Development Office as custodian of accurate, updated and comprehensive database for purposes of thorough development planning and strategic decision-making.
To provide quality and comprehensive data in support to development planning and fiscal programming.
The City Planning and Development Office (CPDO) shall initiate coordination in setting the direction of all economic and social development efforts in the city.
As the highest socio-economic development planning and policy – coordinating body of the City Government, the CPDO based on the Local Government Code of 1991 has the following major functions:
- Formulation of Comprehensive City Development Plan
- Prepare integrated socio-economic physical (land use) and other development plans and policies of the city;
- Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies, undertaken by the different departments/offices of the city as well as the other national agencies or function groups;
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the local development council; and
- Maintain comprehensive data bank on socio-economic situation of the city.
- Formulation of the City’s Comprehensive Development Plan and Annual Investment Program
- Provide assistance to implementing agencies/city departments/barangays in identification of priority projects for implementation in accordance with the City Development Plan.
- Appraisal and Prioritization of the Socio-Economic Development Programs and Projects
- Evaluate, review, and prioritize proposed city programs and projects for the consideration of the City Development Council.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Plan Implementation
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of various development programs, projects, and activities of the city in accordance with the approved City Development Plan.
- Conduct of Researches, Studies, and Training
- Conduct continuing researches, studies, and training necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation; and
- Provide technical assistance to the barangays in plan formulation, investment programming, and securing special development funds.
- Chairman, Local Finance Committee
- Recommend to the Local Chief Executive the level of annual expenditures and the ceilings of spending for economic, social, and general services based on the approved local development plan; and
- Recommend revenue-generating measures.
- Secretariat to the City Development Council
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the City Development Council; and
- Provide technical assistance to the barangays in project development and local planning.
- Promotion of People Participation in Development Planning
- Conduct public consultations as part of participative development planning.
- Performance of Other Appropriate Tasks as may be Assigned by the Local Chief Executive
- Act as member of various committees.
QUALITY PLAN FOR TRANSACTION SERVICES